TERMS & CONDITIONS
A Pop of Pretty (https://apopofpretty.com) is a personally-owned, Canadian-based blog site focused on sharing home decorating projects and ideas. This Web Site is owned, written and edited exclusively by the blog author, and is not co-owned by or affiliated with any other company or brand.
By using or otherwise accessing the ‘Services’ of A Pop of Pretty Blog, you acknowledge that you accept the policies and practices outlined below. If you do not agree with these policies, please do not use the Services of this Web Site.
A Pop of Pretty’s Terms / Policies are organized below as follows:
- Liability Disclaimer
- Copyright Policy
- Disclosures: Advertising & Affiliate Marketing Policy
- Comment Policy
1. Liability Disclaimer
While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the content on this Web Site is reliable, the information is made available without warranty of any kind. A Pop of Pretty Blog accepts no risk, responsibility or liability, whether direct or indirect, as to the currency or accuracy of the information, nor any consequences of its use. The content on this Web Site is not intended to substitute for a professional’s advice. Choosing to follow the opinions or advice provided in any blog post on this Web Site is at the reader’s own choice and risk. You should always verify any product or service claim, statistic, quote or other representation made on this Web Site about a third party with that service provider, manufacturer, brand, or party in question. Furthermore, A Pop of Pretty is not responsible for and accepts no risk or liability for any re-published content from this blog on other web sites or printed media, whether re-printed with or without permission.
2.2 Conditions of Use
2.3 Security of Your Personal Information
A Pop of Pretty Blog respects the privacy of its readers. Commercially reasonable safeguards are used to protect your personal information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, can ever be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a breach of security, A Pop of Pretty will take commercially reasonable steps to mitigate the breach, and email its Subscribers.
2.4 Information You Provide and How It Is Used
This Web Site collects various types of information to improve your experience, including:
2.4.1 Audience Analytics
This Website uses Google Analytics to track statistics regarding our audience and Web Site traffic (e.g., number of daily visits, number of visits to particular blog posts, etc..). No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Web Site to Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s Analytics privacy policies, please visit this site.
From time to time, the Web Site may also use other third-party services to track statistics regarding our audience and Web Site traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Website to any of these third-party services.
If you ‘Subscribe’ to A Pop of Pretty Blog, you may choose to provide an e-mail address to receive blog updates by e-mail. A Pop of Pretty Blog’s subscription provider, FeedBlitz, collects and stores your email address in A Pop of Pretty Blog’s mailing list for the sole purpose of sending you updates from A Pop of Pretty Blog.
A Pop of Pretty Blog requires all new subscription requests to be confirmed twice, once on our Web Site and once via email, a process known as “confirmed dual opt-in”, before they are activated. Once your subscription is dually confirmed and activated, FeedBlitz shares your email address with A Pop of Pretty Blog. However, you can set your profile preferences to be anonymous, and FeedBlitz will not share this information.
You may opt out of e-mail updates at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ option in any emailed update from A Pop of Pretty Blog. Or, you may contact us here to request that your personal data be deleted from our mailing list.
When FeedBlitz sends A Pop of Pretty Blog’s e-mails to confirmed Subscribers, tracking pixels may be embedded into the emails to track performance, such as who opened the emails and who clicked on the links within the emails. This information is shared with A Pop of Pretty Blog, and is used to track performance and to assist in improving our features. The tracking pixels may also track information such as IP address, browser type, or other similar details.
* Links to Affiliates & Third Parties: Due to the nature of the Services, blog posts on this Web Site and email updates that Subscribers receive from A Pop of Pretty Blog may contain links to third-party websites, sometimes known as Affiliates. Such third-party websites are not under A Pop of Pretty’s control, and delivery of such links via the Services does not constitute A Pop of Pretty’s endorsement of those third-party websites or the services offered through them. The privacy and security practices of such third-party websites are not covered by this Privacy Statement, and A Pop of Pretty is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of such third-party websites. You are therefore encouraged to read the privacy policies of any third party affiliate or company which A Pop of Pretty Blog links to in blog posts on this Web Site or in e-mail updates sent to Subscribers.
If you purchase products within our Shop, we collect certain information in order to process your purchase, such as your name, e-mail address, country, and payment method for digital products/downloads; and, your name, e-mail address, shipping address, and payment method for physical products.
This purchase information is kept only as long as necessary to process the sale and any required after-sale follow up or servicing, including: 1 month for ‘pending’ orders, 1 week for ‘failed’ or ‘cancelled’ orders; and, 3 months for completed orders. At checkout, you may voluntarily choose to set up a customer account for future purchases. This information is stored for only 3 months if an account is ‘inactive’ during this period. If an account remains ‘active’, customer account details will be stored indefinitely, or until it becomes ‘inactive’ for 3 months.
2.4.5 Cookies & Similar Technologies
2.4.6 Location Information
We may infer a visitor’s general location from his or her IP address. A visitor may also choose to provide us with his/her specific location information by inputting this information in our Shop’s checkout as a shipping or billing address.
2.4.7 How Information We Collect is Used
We use the information we collect to:
– filter spam;
– tailor our content to the interests of our readers;
– display relevant advertising (and evaluate its success and revenue-generation);
– provide visitors a way to give feedback on our content and ask questions;
– to communicate regularly with (voluntary) subscribers;
– perform research and analysis for business purposes;
– e-deliver or ship products purchased by visitors in our Shop;
– determine whether commission on an Affiliate sale should be attributed to this Web Site.
A Pop of Pretty Blog does not rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
2.6 Children Under 13
A Pop of Pretty Blog is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete that information. If you become aware or believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us to have it deleted.
2.7 Deleting your Personal Information
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our Services at any time. However, if you decline to submit personal information, we may not be able to provide the Services. You may request deletion of your personal information by sending an email here,
3. Copyright Policy
3.1 Photo Sharing
All photos on this blog that are watermarked with “A Pop of Pretty” are the property of the owner of this blog. With that said, I love when they are shared, and I am happy to share them under the following conditions:
- .TO PINTEREST: You can pin any of my original photos to Pinterest as long as you include the source as: “A Pop of Pretty, apopofpretty.com” in your photo description. For any other photos you find on my blog, you must pin them from their original sources only.
- TO OTHER BLOGS: If you are a blogger, you are more than welcome to feature up to 2 of my original photos in a blog post without asking me first, as long as you provide me with credit as “A Pop of Pretty, apopofpretty.com” AND a link back to my blog each time that a photo that is used. For a larger quantity of photos, please contact me for permission.
- TO MAGAZINES / PUBLICATIONS: If you’d like to use my photos on your web site or in a printed publication, please contact me first to request consent at [email protected] Compensation may be requested at the discretion of the blog owner.
- YOUR PHOTOS: When I feature others’ photos in a blog post, it is always in the spirit of admiration of a craft or decor project. I make every effort to find original sources and give due credit with a link back so that my readers can click through to the blog or web site. However, with the advent of home decor photo sharing sites like Pinterest and Houzz, it is possible to inadvertently share a photo without the correct ‘original source’ attribution. If so, please contact me immediately; I will gladly remove the photo or correct the source.
3.2 Copyright Policy: Content Sharing
All content on this blog was written by, and is the property of, the owner of this blog. You may reproduce a small excerpt from my blog in online format of up to 50 words per article, as long as you provide me with full credit as “A Pop of Pretty, apopofpretty.com” AND a link back to my blog in any article where an excerpt is used. If you would like to reproduce a longer excerpt online, or if you would like to reproduce content of any length in print, please contact me at [email protected] for consent. Compensation may be requested at the discretion of the blog owner..
3.3 Copyright Policy: Printable Artwork (aka Printables)
Creative copyright for all printable artwork offered on A Pop of Pretty Blog, whether offered for free or by charge, remains with the owner of A Pop of Pretty. Printable artwork offered here is for personal use only, and cannot be used, copied or edited for commercial purposes.
4. Disclosures: Advertising & Affiliate Marketing Policy
This is a personal blog written and edited by the owner of this blog. It is not owned by or affiliated with any other business or brand.
- Advertising & Affiliate Partnerships: A Pop of Pretty accepts compensation for advertising placement from the BlogHer Network, Google, and occasionally for other advertisements or brand partnerships. A Pop of Pretty also contains some affiliate links for products / brands I love. This means I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to my readers, if these links are clicked on by readers who then purchase the product within a specified time period. However, my editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. When affiliate links are used in a blog post or in the sidebar, they will be clearly identified as such for the reader. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
- Product Reviews / Sponsored Content: From time to time, I blog about products or services that fit within the overall context of my blog. If I’ve been asked to provide an opinion on those products or services by the brand / manufacturer, that content will always be clearly identified to the reader as “sponsored content”. I may accept compensation for product reviews and / or complementary product from the reviewed manufacturer / brand. This compensation covers the investment of my time to research, review and write about the product / brand, in order to provide an educated point of view for my readers on the product or brand in question. However, even if a blog post contains such “sponsored content”, I will always give my honest, uninfluenced opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on/with those products or services. In addition, I will never post “sponsored content” about a product or service that I have have not used or experienced myself.
- Text Links: This blog does not accept text-only links, or compensation for text-only links, nor does it consider guest articles on A Pop of Pretty Blog for the sole purpose of inserting text links for SEO purposes. Please do not contact me with a proposal for these activities as I will not respond.
5. Comment Policy
I love when readers leave comments on my blog posts, and I strongly encourage them to do so. However, since I strive to make A Pop of Pretty Blog a positive place for both me and for my readers, with mutual respect in all interactions, I reserve the right not to approve or publish, or to delete, any comment by a visitor that I deem as : inappropriate, expressed in a spirit of negativity, or self-promotional / spammy.
These Blog Policies have been in effect and communicated here since April 2012.
Updated 28 May 2018.