A Pop of Pretty (https://apopofpretty.com) is a personally-owned, Canadian-based blog site focused on sharing home decorating projects and ideas. This Web Site is owned, written and edited exclusively by the blog author, and is not co-owned by or affiliated with any other company or brand.
By using or otherwise accessing the ‘Services’ of A Pop of Pretty Blog, you acknowledge that you accept the terms and conditions, policies and practices outlined below. If you do not agree with these policies, please do not use the Services of this Web Site.
2. Conditions of Use
3. Security of Your Personal Information
A Pop of Pretty Blog respects the privacy of its readers. Commercially reasonable safeguards are used to protect your personal information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, can ever be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a breach of security, A Pop of Pretty will take commercially reasonable steps to mitigate the breach, and email its Subscribers.
4. Information You Provide and How It Is Used
This Web Site collects various types of information to improve your experience, including:
4.1 Audience Analytics
This Website uses Google Analytics to track statistics regarding our audience and Web Site traffic (e.g., number of daily visits, number of visits to particular blog posts, etc..). No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Web Site to Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s Analytics privacy policies, please visit this site.
From time to time, the Web Site may also use other third-party services to track statistics regarding our audience and Web Site traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Website to any of these third-party services.
If you ‘Subscribe’ to A Pop of Pretty Blog, you may choose to provide an e-mail address to receive blog updates by e-mail. A Pop of Pretty Blog’s subscription provider, FeedBlitz, collects and stores your email address in A Pop of Pretty Blog’s mailing list for the sole purpose of sending you updates from A Pop of Pretty Blog.
A Pop of Pretty Blog requires all new subscription requests to be confirmed twice, once on our Web Site and once via email, a process known as “confirmed dual opt-in”, before they are activated. Once your subscription is dually confirmed and activated, FeedBlitz shares your email address with A Pop of Pretty Blog. However, you can set your profile preferences to be anonymous, and FeedBlitz will not share this information.
You may opt out of e-mail updates at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ option in any emailed update from A Pop of Pretty Blog. Or, you may contact us here to request that your personal data be deleted from our mailing list.
When FeedBlitz sends A Pop of Pretty Blog’s e-mails to confirmed Subscribers, tracking pixels may be embedded into the emails to track performance, such as who opened the emails and who clicked on the links within the emails. This information is shared with A Pop of Pretty Blog, and is used to track performance and to assist in improving our features. The tracking pixels may also track information such as IP address, browser type, or other similar details.
* Links to Affiliates & Third Parties: Due to the nature of the Services, blog posts on this Web Site and email updates that Subscribers receive from A Pop of Pretty Blog may contain links to third-party websites, sometimes known as Affiliates. Such third-party websites are not under A Pop of Pretty’s control, and delivery of such links via the Services does not constitute A Pop of Pretty’s endorsement of those third-party websites or the services offered through them. The privacy and security practices of such third-party websites are not covered by this Privacy Statement, and A Pop of Pretty is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of such third-party websites. You are therefore encouraged to read the privacy policies of any third party affiliate or company which A Pop of Pretty Blog links to in blog posts on this Web Site or in e-mail updates sent to Subscribers.
If you purchase products within our Shop, we collect certain information in order to process your purchase, such as your name, e-mail address, country, and payment method for digital products/downloads; and, your name, e-mail address, shipping address, and payment method for physical products.
This purchase information is kept only as long as necessary to process the sale and any required after-sale follow up or servicing, including: 1 month for ‘pending’ orders, 1 week for ‘failed’ or ‘cancelled’ orders; and, 3 months for completed orders. At checkout, you may voluntarily choose to set up a customer account for future purchases. This information is stored for only 3 months if an account is ‘inactive’ during this period. If an account remains ‘active’, customer account details will be stored indefinitely, or until it becomes ‘inactive’ for 3 months.
4.6 Location Information
We may infer a visitor’s general location from his or her IP address. A visitor may also choose to provide us with his/her specific location information by inputting this information in our Shop’s checkout as a shipping or billing address.
4.7 How Information We Collect is Used
We use the information we collect to:
– filter spam;
– tailor our content to the interests of our readers;
– display relevant advertising (and evaluate its success and revenue-generation);
– provide visitors a way to give feedback on our content and ask questions;
– to communicate regularly with (voluntary) subscribers;
– perform research and analysis for business purposes;
– e-deliver or ship products purchased by visitors in our Shop;
– determine whether commission on an Affiliate sale should be attributed to this Web Site.
6. Children Under 13
A Pop of Pretty Blog is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete that information. If you become aware or believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us to have it deleted.
7. Deleting your Personal Information
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our Services at any time. However, if you decline to submit personal information, we may not be able to provide the Services. You may request deletion of your personal information by sending an email here,
These Blog Policies have been in effect and communicated here since April 2012.
Updated 28 May 2018.