It’s been a crazy ride around here lately, but I finally had a chance to pull together a little tutorial on how to make a diy photo booth like the one at my daughter’s Broadway themed birthday party.
It was really quite easy and inexpensive, and Miss G was so happy with how it all turned out.
Photo booths are pretty trendy right now, so I knew I couldn’t be the only one crazy enough to think I could make one on my own! I did some research, and then came up with a plan for creating a diy photo booth that met our particular needs – i.e., one that could withstand the acrobatics of 10 tween-aged girls!
Here’s what I used (the important stuff, anyway):
- Backdrop material: 3 cute plastic tablecloths from the Dollar Store!
- Props: a basket of masks, mustaches, hats, etc.
- Camera: my DSLR mounted on a tripod, with a shutter release remote.
- Photo booth decor – string lights, cardboard chandelier, etc.
- Poster board for the ‘Photo Booth Rules’
- A bench